Our due date is one month away. And strangely, I don't feel much different yet.
of nice thoughts and moments that fuels the excitement for this next chapter in life. But there are moments from
time to time that I'll be telling them when they're older. Something to chuckle about.
Like when we went to a check up, and the midwife felt Afton's stomach and determined how the baby was lying. My first thought was "Prove it!" I literally had to keep myself from making her place my hands where she felt each part of the baby's body. And somehow I had never considered the baby is upside down. I just figured she'd be lying horizontally.
So with this new knowledge, we were sitting on the couch together and I got right up to the bottom of
Afton's belly and yelled "BABY!" Afton said she instantly felt her jump from the noise. I may have already scarred her.
Or like the recent time I was sitting at my desk and Afton stood next to me with her pregnant belly lining up to my face.
I gave Afton a nice hug and talked to baby. Maybe she recognized my voice from the scare before, or she just wanted
some peace and quite- but I felt a very distinct kick to my cheek.
Needless to say, these stories will continue long after she's born.
Parenthood will probably make me very boring.
Or far more interesting.
Depends on your taste.
There's The Rub.
No comments:
Post a Comment