"When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me." -Pslams 56:9
passed since when I haven't thought on it, and considered its implications.
At a time in my life where there is certainly no turning back- baby on the way, wife at my side, finding my way to a career, a mortgage, bills, and only half the time needed to keep with all of it- these words reminded me that I'm not in this alone.
The phrase "God is for me" is so straightforward that it almost takes me back.
God is for me.
He's not against me.
I may make choices sometimes that lead me down a road He can't follow me down, and every day I have to ask him to
forgive me for moments- and often times days- where I let my pride or selfishness get in the way of our relationship.
But that doesn't change that He is always rooting for me.
He is always helping me, even when I don't feel deserving of that help.
Because the truth we will all face is that none of us really deserve it.
So I find myself able to get through the demands of a good life.
As long as I hold truth to what I know, the first of which is that I don't do this on my own.
...We are more than conquerors through him that loved us." -Romans 8:31, 37
There's The Rub.

1 comment:
I love this. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment