I have a goal.
When I was 22 I visited Palmyra, New York with a group of tourists which included my father, grandmother, and cousin.
While they were at the temple there, I decided to wander down the street to this little grove of trees.
It was something I had been anxious to see for most of my life. It was peaceful, the air felt lighter than usual,
and I left with a desire to always feel the way I felt there.
I wanted to live in a world where that peace could always be obtained,
with no obstruction from war, hate, or simply the noise of the world.
Years ago I read these words by Henry B. Eyring:
It really has become my greatest desire: to live in a "higher and more beautiful world".
And I know that that way of living begins with me and bettering myself.
While they were at the temple there, I decided to wander down the street to this little grove of trees.
It was something I had been anxious to see for most of my life. It was peaceful, the air felt lighter than usual,
and I left with a desire to always feel the way I felt there.
I wanted to live in a world where that peace could always be obtained,
with no obstruction from war, hate, or simply the noise of the world.
Years ago I read these words by Henry B. Eyring:
And I know that that way of living begins with me and bettering myself.
There's The Rub.


No comments:
Post a Comment