At the close of each year, I like to share my favorites in music and movies.
Last year I posted about my favorite music on here, so this year I thought I'd focus on films that I really enjoyed this year.
And that's all it is- movies I enjoyed. Nothing more, nothing less. Many films aren't considered simply because I never saw them, which isn't a big concern of mine.
It was a decent year, with a few exceptional films that I'll always enjoy watching.
If you haven't seen any of the following movies, they're all definitely worth a once-over.
First some honorable mentions: Gravity, Frozen, and Enough Said.
Last year I posted about my favorite music on here, so this year I thought I'd focus on films that I really enjoyed this year.
And that's all it is- movies I enjoyed. Nothing more, nothing less. Many films aren't considered simply because I never saw them, which isn't a big concern of mine.
It was a decent year, with a few exceptional films that I'll always enjoy watching.
If you haven't seen any of the following movies, they're all definitely worth a once-over.
First some honorable mentions: Gravity, Frozen, and Enough Said.
10. Ender's Game
Starring: Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford
9. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Starring: Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig
Release Date: December 25
Trailer
I appreciate how straight-forward this story is.
Beautiful cinematography, and excellent use of music.
Perfect film for anyone who loves to travel.
I appreciate how straight-forward this story is.
Beautiful cinematography, and excellent use of music.
Perfect film for anyone who loves to travel.
8. Star Trek Into Darkness
Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Benedict Cumberbatch
Release Date: May 16
Trailer
Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan. That dude's awesome.
And I just seem to love anything J.J. Abrams does.
Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan. That dude's awesome.
And I just seem to love anything J.J. Abrams does.
7. Sound City
Starring: Dave Grohl
Release Date: January 18
As a music lover, this movie was a must-see.
A little slow for the last half, but still really enjoyable.
6. Saving Mr. Banks
Starring: Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks
Release Date: December 20
I'm a sucker for nostalgic movies.
Add to that old school Disney- I'm hooked.
Warning: It will make you anxious to go to Disneyland.
5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson
Release Date: November 22
It's a good movie.
Then halfway into it, it becomes a really great movie.
4. Stories We Tell
Starring: Sarah Polley, Michael Polley
3. Mud
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon
Release Date: May 10
When did Matthew McConau-hottie turn into such a solid actor?
This movie's gritty, suspenseful, and even has some solid humor.
2. The Way Way Back
Starring: Sam Rockwell, Toni Collete, Steve Carell
Release Date: July 26
There weren't enough fun movies this year. This one made up for that.
It's a realistic depiction of being a teenager.
Including the horrible awkwardness.
1. The Impossible
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts
Release Date: January 4
The movie's about more than the will to live.
It's about family. It's about love. It's about human connections.
And Naomi Watts is absolutely amazing in this.
There's The Rub.










1 comment:
I was surprised Walter Mitty didn't do better with critics -- I loved it! I've never gone anywhere, which is maybe why I enjoyed watching it so much.
Post a Comment