10.02.2013

An Update

This is my life right now.

I have this great group of friends that was good about keeping each other up-to-date with the goings on of our lives. So each month we would all take a turn updating everyone. It was especially enjoyable- other than the fact that they were good friends who I genuinely cared about- because we were all points in our lives where important things were happening.
In our love lives, in our schooling and professional lives, and in our general self-discovery.
Tonight I'd like to update everyone on my life. It's been a while, so I feel it's appropriate.


THE HOUSE
Last time I updated I let everyone know that we had our offer accepted and we were awaiting our appraisal 
and such to finalize the sale. Well, things went really well and we got the thing.
It was weeks of painting walls and kitchen cabinets (granted I never touched the cabinets), one short but 
rainy morning of moving in, and an exciting month of putting everything together.
People ask me my feelings on the house all the time. "How's the house turning out?" they'll ask.
Simply put, it's been a huge blessing and Afton & I are very excited for the next few years.

AFTON
Speaking of that girl, she's great. I really feel like these last few months have been the best of our marriage. We've been working really hard on being good to each other and we've grown really close. Marriage is super complicated emotionally, 
but she makes it really easy for me. And I'm hoping I do the same for her.
Recently we've been working really hard together to get healthier and it's been a solid few weeks. We're both down some pounds 
(I don't like to discuss numbers because it's like declaring that I'm done) and are motivated for more work ahead.

MY JOB
Still at Chase Bank. Lots of changes- mainly people leaving for different reasons- in the last few months have been kind of crazy but generally I'm really grateful for the job I have. Especially on day like today when I talked to a guy getting money for his unemployment for the last time. He was so excited because he had spent 2 years 
desperately looking for a job and could finally support himself.
I recently started training to become a banker down the road. We'll see how that goes.

SCHOOL
Still at University of Phoenix (I refuse to call myself a Phoenix).
I'm actually feeling really good about the decision to transfer there. And it's moving everything forward much quicker I feel 
than if I had not changed over. But online math classes are always lame.

MY BAND
I'm in a Weezer cover band called Weerez. It's been really fun and I get to do it with a group of really good guys. I get excited when I'll talk to Myke about really applying ourselves and getting more complicated Weezer tunes down tight.
At the beginning of November we're set to play a show that should be a lot of fun. Details to come.

WHAT LIES AHEAD
Everything you read above, but further along and hopefully more in-depth. 
I heard someone the other day say something about how, if we are trying each day to better ourselves- no matter 
how flawed and imperfect we are- we are no longer defined by our imperfections. 
We are defined by our diligence in bettering ourselves.
That's where my heads at lately.


There's The Rub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that your head seems to be in the right place! Keep up the due diligence and you will be successful in all that you do. Remember, it is not about the things that you have acquired, but the people that you care about and love.

Posted by your loving Aunt Michelle