Today marks 6 months that I've been married.
For whatever reason, Afton & I have talked a little lately about how the last 6 months have gone for us.
I admitted to her last night that it's actually been easier than I had always anticipated marriage to be. That doesn't mean it's been without difficulties, disagreements, and major adjustments. But all in all, I feel like we're doing well at this union thing.
Afton and I dated for about 9 months before getting married. Though it wasn't a terribly long time to date, it was a really challenging time for both of us individually and it helped us really learn how to make it through things together.
Because of this, I felt like I really had a grasp for who Afton was: strengths, weaknesses, quirks, likes, dislikes.
The last 6 months have opened my eyes to how little I actually knew. It's honestly been a humbling experience.
My favorite thing I didn't know about Afton before we were married?
It's hard to put into words, but I didn't know how hard she's willing to work to make me happy.
Her willingness to do what it takes to make this family work and be a great wife.
I've always heard the best thing a man can do for his happiness is choose a good woman to be his wife.
I'm really glad I chose this.
I'm glad I chose her.
There's The Rub.

1 comment:
6 months already! time sure does fly by quick! happy 6th months to you two!
Post a Comment