In it I had written several quotes and thoughts that were significant to me.
And what I really love about them is that most of them are quotes from
regular people I've known- not necessarily famous people.
So I thought I'd share some of my favorites on here.
Some of them are because I think they are incredibly insightful .
Some are special to me because of the context of who told me and when.
And a majority of these were written during things like church, institute
conference, firesides, or during scripture study.
"It's like when you cut yourself. It hurts. And all you want is for it to be better.
So you know that it'll take time to heal- but that doesn't stop you from wanting to pick at it and itch it.
You have to make yourself leave it alone."
"We become easily deceived if we only listen to our heart. The true sign is peace." (on personal revelation)
"Our lives will be blessed if we each don't think of ourselves as the exception to obey"
"No matter what road you're going down, you can always turn around"
"Most accidents I got in were because I wasn't looking where I was going, I was too busy looking back"
"We were selected and foreordained for our missions, just as Christ was foreordained... Before Abinadi was such a hero,
he was just a regular guy- farmer, son, citizen, etc. Just as we can be considered ordinary, we too will be called to testify."
"We didn't come here to gain individual worth, we came with it"
"How you react to disappointments will say a lot about your true character"
"Whatever we turn to in times of distress, that becomes our God"
"The happiness you feel when you do the right thing- it's worth it!
It's worth the work, it's worth changing for!"
And what I really love about them is that most of them are quotes from
regular people I've known- not necessarily famous people.
So I thought I'd share some of my favorites on here.
Some of them are because I think they are incredibly insightful .
Some are special to me because of the context of who told me and when.
And a majority of these were written during things like church, institute
conference, firesides, or during scripture study.
"It's like when you cut yourself. It hurts. And all you want is for it to be better.
So you know that it'll take time to heal- but that doesn't stop you from wanting to pick at it and itch it.
You have to make yourself leave it alone."
"We become easily deceived if we only listen to our heart. The true sign is peace." (on personal revelation)
"Our lives will be blessed if we each don't think of ourselves as the exception to obey"
"No matter what road you're going down, you can always turn around"
"Most accidents I got in were because I wasn't looking where I was going, I was too busy looking back"
"We were selected and foreordained for our missions, just as Christ was foreordained... Before Abinadi was such a hero,
he was just a regular guy- farmer, son, citizen, etc. Just as we can be considered ordinary, we too will be called to testify."
"We didn't come here to gain individual worth, we came with it"
"How you react to disappointments will say a lot about your true character"
"Whatever we turn to in times of distress, that becomes our God"
"The happiness you feel when you do the right thing- it's worth it!
It's worth the work, it's worth changing for!"
There's The Rub.

No comments:
Post a Comment